His full name is Gusford Henry Puppetmaster the Third, and he is like no dog I’ve ever met. Here is a short list:
- He acts like you don’t exist. He will not run up to you when he sees you. He will not sniff your hand. He generally won’t even look at you. This is generally true even if he really likes you.
- Because of his indifference, people clamor for his attention. I’ve seen people bribe him with walks, fix him a bed, buy him treats, and in general do everything to desperately win him over. It’s amazing to watch.
- His response to fireworks and thunderstorms is to stand, unmoving, facing the corner of a room, face inches from the wall.
- When acapella gospel music comes on, he howls along, and it’s an anguishing sound.
- He sleeps in your bed with you, under your covers, with his head on your pillow.